Consultant / Technical Analyst
The Junior Technical Consultant/Technical Analyst is responsible, as part of the team, for all activities associated with the delivery of services to BDQ’s clients from the point at which an order is placed. The role usually reports to the Senior Technical Consultant or Technical Consultant on each assignment. The role also includes support to the internal IT services (mainly Jira) that BDQ uses, as well as support to sales activities.
Typical assignments include:
- ITSM implementations in Jira Service Management
- Agile transformations using Jira Software and Advanced Roadmaps
- Server-to-Cloud and Server-to-Datacentre migrations of Atlassian products
- Writing and delivering training courses and informal “drop-in” sessions on the products and on Agile methodology
- Ensuring BDQ is represented professionally in all client interactions
- Delivery of client work to the standards required, following BDQ’s Engagement Process
- Providing support to the production of general and specific collateral, such as web pages, blog posts, videos, etc.
- Providing support to generating Quotes, Proposals, Bids and Tenders
- Implementing solutions in the 3rd party products that BDQ resells and supports
- Performing the support role on client assignments
- Monitoring progress against the project plan
- Monitoring risks to the delivery of assignments and reporting such risks to the team
Experience & Knowledge
- An understanding of the principles behind Agile projects for development and quality management AND/OR an understanding of the principles behind ITSM and service desk implementations.
- To have or to develop a good knowledge of the Atlassian product suite and the other 3rd party products that BDQ resells.
- Experience of liaising directly with clients to manage ongoing work would be advantageous
- Experience of delivering end-user training on IT products, including remote training would be advantageous
- Expected to develop an in-depth understanding of BDQ’s values, business drivers and the services that we provide
- Diligence in delivering the team’s work
- Integrity at all times
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Working collaboratively as part of team
- Prioritisation of tasks and managing workload