Location: Within commuting distance of Central London.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Job Level: Recent Graduate - 2+ years in a technology company, or technical consulting firm. Full time, permanent position.
We are looking to recruit software developers to support our Atlassian consultancy work and also develop add-ons for JIRA and Confluence for sale in the Atlassian Marketplace. We are also looking to develop SaaS offerings based on AWS.
Do you want to make a real difference and bring about meaningful change to a variety of organisations through digital change?
Do you enjoy solving technical challenges in order to deliver business value to a wide range of customers?
Do you enjoy learning new skills? Everyone who joins us will be put through the official Atlassian training courses, and supported to get Atlassian Certification. We will also fund other training to develop your skills.
This is a full-time, permanent position. Please do not apply unless you are fully eligible to work in the UK (e.g. UK/EU Citizen). BDQ is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity.
If you are seeking a challenge – take your next career step with us.
We are a small but fast-growing Atlassian partner, reselling software and performing consultancy and training. We specialise in Atlassian products and complimentary technologies, which are used by some of the biggest companies in the world. Knowledge management, defect tracking, service desk, software development workflow, test management - these are all areas that you will come across. As one of our clients said, "With BDQ, now the technology is helping us, rather than us servicing the products" . This is an exciting time to join an early-stage company and help shape its future direction. We already have a mix of customers, both small and large, and are looking to grow.
We are looking for talented developers with excellent interpersonal and analytical skills to join our friendly and high-performing team.
You will have to travel and work on site as required, potentially anywhere in the world, and some of our partners and clients are based in different timezones, so your hours will have to accommodate this on occasion. Currently, we are a fully virtual company, so there is the possibility of working at home, although this may change in the future.
Customer facing project work
You will work with our technical consultants to deliver customer solutions based on Atlassian products and complimentary technologies such as Zephyr. This will involve going on customer site to help understand the requirements and technical challenges, off-site research and development and then heading back to site to install and configure the solution. This work will range from engineering software, to migrating data. Post-installation you will have to offer customer facing support to ensure that the solutions meets the agreed objectives by resolving problems that may crop up in production.
In between customer facing project engagements, we have a number of different Atlassian add-on products in development using the Atlassian SDK (both Atlassian Connect for Cloud and on-premise Server add-ons). This is an area where we will want you to drive the development in collaboration with the rest of the team by proposing features or even whole products.
We offer customers SaaS solutions based on the Atlassian stack running on Amazon's AWS infrastructure. We will want you to be comfortable helping to administer systems like these, scripting deployments and configuring monitoring.
Internal IT and support
You will also help with our internal (heavily Atlassian oriented) IT, and help the rest of the team support customers when necessary.
What we are looking for
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Willingness to work closely with the rest of the team but also be able to self-motivate.
- Be an excellent problem solver and respond to situations when requirements are unclear.
- Recent BSc, MSc or equivalent in Computer Science or a related field.
- 2+ years hands-on development experience.
- Proven understanding of Agile principles and practices, such as Test Driven Development, Continuous Integrations, daily Scrums, and sprints.
- Strong knowledge of source control tools such as Git, Mercurial or Subversion.
- Understanding of the fundamentals in Object-Oriented Design (OOD), data structures and algorithm design.
- Comfortable with installing operating systems, software and Virtual Machines.
- Experience with Linux as well as Windows.
- A willingness to learn new skills and apply them to real customer business problems.
- Familiarity with the Atlassian product set, including JIRA and Confluence, would be a distinct advantage but not essential.
- Amazon Web Services, including E2C, S3, RDS.
- Test management and continuous integration technologies, such as Zephyr, HP ALM, Selenium, Jenkins and Bamboo
- You will have a full UK driving license, preferably clean, and be willing to drive as necessary. Ideally you will own a car and have a UK passport.